PUN Organizing Meeting from December 14, 2020
PUN Organizing Meeting
December 14, 2020
8-9:15pm Eastern Time
Present: Matt, Jordan, Jim
Repeat Mission Statement: PUN is a digital community that helps young people pursue self-directed learning by providing resources, mentorship, events, and friendships.
- Feedback since “tidying up” the Discord channel
DO A POLL:
SHOULD WE FULLY REMOVE THE ‘CATEGORY’ CHANNELS?
- EVENTS and CLUBS: Want to make an announcement? Need support in some way?
Maybe an art-related event? Or some kind of video game tournament/event?
- Update on Board of Directors
Kai and Jordan have accepted their offer to join the Board.JIM: Extend the invite to more people that are on Discord
Proposed: Jim, Kai, Jordan + continue finding 2 more
- Report on National Youth Rights Association’s conference
from Katherine and Kai
– hold till next time
- Helping local groups organize – Jordan
At the Child Friendly Community Conference, Jordan mentioned organizing a local unschoolers club. Started organizing a face-to-face club but COVID halted it.
- ‘Youth on Subjects of the World’
no Neil/Dylan available, so skipped this
- Looking toward 2021
Having PUN be a tool/platform/community that helps support forming and running local communities.
More outreach of unschoolers helping “recruit” others who are in school.
Running public speaking workshops for unschoolers,